Cosplay Cuisine: Hannibal
Join Rachel, Mike and Nicole as they make sauteed chicken livers with roasted beet salad to celebrate Hannibal!
Roasted Beet Salad
1 Tbsp capers
2 Tbsp chopped pickles
a dash of Worcestershire
a dash of hot sauce
Small bunch of parsley
1. Set oven to 400 degrees
2. Rinse off your beets and cut off the leaves. Set onto a foil covered cookie sheet
3. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over each beet, then sprinkle salt and pepper. Massage the oil and seasoning over the beets.
4. Pop into the oven and roast for 40 – 60 minutes, depending on the size of your beets.
5. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
6. Remove the skin from each beet and cut into bite sized pieces. Place in bowl.
7. Add capers, chopped pickles, Worcestershire and hot sauce. Add any leftover juices from the roasting pan. Toss
8. Sprinkle some chopped parsley on top and YOU’RE DONE!
Sautéed Chicken Livers
3 cloves garlic
1. Using paper towels, dry your chicken livers so that there is little to no moisture on them.
2. Add them to a hot, non-stick pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, and when they’re just about done, drizzle on some olive oil and the juice of ¼ of a grapefruit. Remove from stove.
3. Put livers onto a plate, and top with freshly chopped garlic.