Cosplay Cuisine: The Big Lebowski
Tony joins Rachel this episode to make Double-Double Animal Style In-N-Out Burgers! Check it out!
Copycat Double Double Animal Style In-N-Out Burgers
1/4 cup mayo
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 finely chopped onions
3/4 tsp salt
turkey or beef patties
salt and pepper for seasoning
6 tsp mustard
4 slices american cheese
2 hamburger buns
1. Mix together 1/4 cup of mayo, 2 tbsp ketchup and 1 tbsp of sweet pickle relish in a small bowl. This is your special sauce.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil in a large saute pan and add 2 finely chopped onions. Add 3/4 tsp of kosher salt, and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat when entirely brown and caramelized.
3. Heat a griddle or large saute pan over medium heat to cook your turkey patties. (Don't forget that prior to placing your turkey patties on the grill, season them with salt and pepper!) Put your burgers in the pan, and cook 5-7 minutes.
4. Before flipping the burgers, top each with 1 1/2 tsp of cooked mustard. Flip, mustard side down, and cook for a few more minutes. Add a slice of American Cheese to each patty, and top each patty with some caramelized onions. Wait until the cheese melts (and the burgers get to 165 degrees!) and remove from the stove.
5. To serve, spread a small dollop of your special sauce on both the top and bottom of your hamburger bun. Add shredded lettuce, 1-2 slices of tomato, and 1-2 sliced pickles to the bottom bun. Top with 2 of your cooked, cheesy, oniony turkey burgers, and then top with your top bun.
6. Serve with a White Russian and plate with a small rug.